...To empower children who have learning differences with the skills needed to become confident, independent learners.
- Our school is modeled after one of the Southeast's oldest and largest schools for students with learning disabilities and/or attention deficit disorder.
- As an affiliate of the Hill Center in Durham, we provide an intensive remediation program, enabling students to achieve at a level corresponding to their intellectual ability. Our program is modeled after a proven track record of success for students with learning differences. Over 95% of the Hill Center's students go on to college in comparison to the 40% national average.
- Students attend the half-day school from 8:00-11:00 or 12:00-3:00 and spend the rest of their day at their base school.
- A 4:1 student/faculty ratio allows close student-teacher interaction.
- Research-based, multisensory structured language methodology is used to focus on reading, written language, and math. Our program is based on the Orton-Gillingham approach.
- Teachers are certified through The Hill Center by the International Multisensory Structured Language Education Council (IMSLEC).
- Member of the: Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA); Council for Exceptional Children (CEC); and International Dyslexia Association (IDA).
News & Events
- Testimonials Tell It All!
- Posted May 11, 2016
- "If it weren't for the Hill School, we would've had to move." read »