...To empower children who have learning differences with the skills needed to become confident, independent learners.
The Hill School of Wilmington offers a unique half-day academic program for students in grades 1-8 with learning disabilities and/or attention deficit disorder. Our teachers are trained in the evidence-based Hill Center methodology and our program replicates the proven success of The Hill Center (www.hillcenter.org) located in Durham, NC. Our goal is to provide instruction in grades K-12 in the future.
- Our school is modeled after one of the Southeast's oldest and largest schools for students with learning disabilities and/or attention deficit disorder.
- As an affiliate of the Hill Center in Durham, we provide an intensive remediation program, enabling students to achieve at a level corresponding to their intellectual ability. Our program is modeled after a proven track record of success for students with learning differences. Over 95% of the Hill Center's students go on to college in comparison to the 40% national average.
- Students attend the half-day school from 8:00-11:00 or 12:00-3:00 and spend the rest of their day at their base school.
- A 4:1 student/faculty ratio allows close student-teacher interaction.
- Research-based, multisensory structured language methodology is used to focus on reading, written language, and math. Our program is based on the Orton-Gillingham approach.
- Teachers are certified through The Hill Center by the International Multisensory Structured Language Education Council (IMSLEC).
- Member of the: Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA); Council for Exceptional Children (CEC); and International Dyslexia Association (IDA).
News & Events
- Hill School receives nearly $10,000 from The...
- Posted Jun 27, 2016
- Grant to support financial aid read »
- Testimonials Tell It All!
- Posted May 11, 2016
- "If it weren't for the Hill School, we would've had to move." read »